February 11, 2023
The prolonged occupation of our country seriously damaged the underpinnings of our society, leaving our nation impoverished, unhealthy, dependent and confused in spirit. The prospect of restoring Hawaiʻi as a sovereign, independent nation has certainly fired up hope for the future.
Because we have spent decades uncovering the wrongs that were committed by the US against the Hawaiian nation, too often we think of restoring Hawaii as a sovereign nation only in legal and political terms — like ending the occupation; what kind of government; who will govern; making the rules; managing operations; monetary system; international relations; etc.
But letʻs not forget that while waiting for the legal and political issues to be resolved, there are more fundamental and more important components that are essential for Hawaiʻi to be a sovereign, independent nation.
The things that need to be worked on right now are...
• The welfare of the people… having water, food, shelter, work, peace and safety, etc.
• The welfare of the lands — farming, housing and community spaces, natural spaces and mālama the eco-system...
• The welfare of the seas — improving fisheries, management of ocean resources over the entire archipelago, restoring balance...
• The welfare of the economy — restructure into being kamaʻāina friendly, limiting tourism, eliminating US military and repurposing their facilities for peaceful use, international trade ...
• Building families and community — teaching and learning the attitudes and values of Aloha, Kūleana, Kōkua, Lōkahi, Aloha ʻĀina, Mālama, Pono, Kapu Aloha and so forth...
Thankfully, these are areas in which many visionary kanaka and others in the community have taken kuleana and are diligently working to implement. So come “the huli” (the flip, the revolution), Hawaiʻi will be well on its way to being transformed into a strong, pono, independent nation.
As we work with Kapu Aloha to change the understanding and attitudes of those who are in places of authority, let’s remind ourselves, our ʻohana and our friends, that we are the legacy — the evidence and heirs — of the living Hawaiian Kingdom... Ua Ola Ke Ea! Sovereignty Lives!
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i ka pono. The sovereignty (life) of the land is perpetuated in righteousness.
For the latest news and developments about our progress at the United Nations in both New York and Geneva, tune in to Free Hawaii News at 6 PM, the first Friday of each month on ʻŌlelo Television, Channel 53.
SIGN THIS PETITION!
Rename McKinley High School and remove the McKinley statue! McKinley was the president who turned Hawaii from a peaceful, neutral country into a major cog in America’s war machine. Sign this online petition NOW! Tell everyone you know to sign it too!
– And remember, for the latest updates and information about the Hawaiian Kingdom check out the twice a month Ke Aupuni Updates published online on Facebook and other social media.
Your kōkua, large or small, is vital to this effort...
To contribute, go to:
• GoFundMe – CAMPAIGN TO FREE HAWAII
• PayPal – Go to PayPal and send $ to: info@HawaiianKingdom.net
• Other – To contribute in other ways (airline miles, travel vouchers, volunteer services, etc...) email us at: info@HawaiianKingdom.net
"FREE HAWAII" T-SHIRTS - etc.
Check out the great FREE HAWAII products you can purchase at...
All proceeds are used to help advance the cause. MAHALO!