January 14, 2023
A Year of Special Anniversaries...
Aloha Makahiki Hou...
For some reason, we think anniversaries occuring in multiples of 5s and 10s are extra special. This year, 2023, is an unusual year of those specially numbered anniversaries — good and bad — in our beloved Hawaiian nation.
It is the...
• 245th Anniversary of Captain Cookʻs arrival...
• 215th Birthday of Timoteo Haʻalilio
• 210th Birthday of Kauikeaouli – Kamehameha III
• 185th Birthday of Queen Liliʻuokalani
• 180th Anniversary of Lā Hoʻihoʻi Ea – Sovereignty Restoration Day
• 180th Anniversary of Lā Kuʻokoʻa – Hawaiʻi Independence Day
But especially, in a few days, January 17 is the...
• 130th Anniversary of the ruthless hijacking of the Hawaiian Kingdom... by a gang of greedy white businessmen proclaiming themselves to be the "provisional government" of the Hawaiian Kingdom while hiding behind 162 fully armed U.S. troops, and the USS Boston, a fully armed U.S. warship in Honolulu Harbor.
It is also the...
• 30th anniversary of the 1993 Onipa’a march, re-enactment and rally at Iolani Palace where 15,000 Hawaiians gathered in protest of the overthrow of their nation 100 years before; and where Haunani Kay Trask infamously declared, “We are not American!... We are not American!... Say it in your heart...say it when you sleep... We are Hawaiian!... We will die as Hawaiians! ... We will never be American!”
Go here for this yearʻs 2023 Onipaʻa Peace March.
And itʻs the...
• 30th anniversary of the United Church of Christ Apology for its complicity in the overthrow, which became the template for the...
Then it's the...
• 30th anniversary (November 23) of the Apology Law (USPL 103-150), the signed confession by the U.S. Congress and President William Clinton admitting the U.S. stole the Hawaiian Islands...
And lets not forget, July 7 is the...
• 125th Anniversary of Fake Annexation of our country by the U.S. — the international crime that provided the template for the United States’ rampage of aggression, greedy imperialism and abusive behavior that continues to plague the world to this day.
As we take the time to attend and reflect on these special dates that greatly impacted our Lāhui, let’s remind ourselves, our ʻohana and our friends, that we are the legacy — the evidence and heirs — of the living Hawaiian Kingdom... Ua Ola Ke Ea! Sovereignty Lives!
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i ka pono. The sovereignty (life) of the land is perpetuated in righteousness.
For the latest news and developments about our progress at the United Nations in both New York and Geneva, tune in to Free Hawaii News at 6 PM, the first Friday of each month on ʻŌlelo Television, Channel 53.
SIGN THIS PETITION!
Rename McKinley High School and remove the McKinley statue! McKinley was the president who turned Hawaii from a peaceful, neutral country into a major cog in America’s war machine. Sign this online petition NOW! Tell everyone you know to sign it too!
– And remember, for the latest updates and information about the Hawaiian Kingdom check out the twice a month Ke Aupuni Updates published online on Facebook and other social media.
Your kōkua, large or small, is vital to this effort...
To contribute, go to:
• GoFundMe – CAMPAIGN TO FREE HAWAII
• PayPal – Go to PayPal and send $ to: info@HawaiianKingdom.net
• Other – To contribute in other ways (airline miles, travel vouchers, volunteer services, etc...) email us at: info@HawaiianKingdom.net
"FREE HAWAII" T-SHIRTS - etc.
Check out the great FREE HAWAII products you can purchase at...
All proceeds are used to help advance the cause. MAHALO!